Child Welfare Specific Practice
Many times, therapists in the community do not understand the specific treatment needs of child
welfare clients. We have therapists who have worked in the child welfare system and understand the importance of clients taking
accountability and responsibility.
- Respecting families
- Focusing on Strengths
- Realistic goal setting
- Ensuring the safety, health and permanency of children.
In addition to
traditional individual and family therapy, we offer the following
child-welfare specific services:
- Therapeutic Visitation
- Parent Child Interactional Assessments
- Parenting Options Counseling
- In-Home Family Therapy
- Post-Adoption Therapy
- Expert Child Welfare Case Consultation
- Court Testimony
- Mental Health Assessments
- Treatment Recommendations / Case Conceptualization
- Participation in Mappings and TDM's
- Evidence based treatments focused on treating trauma to improve parenting
Connections Counseling knows that communication with the multidisciplinary treatment team is essential in a family's success so we co-create child welfare specific goals with agencies and clients to provide the best possible outcomes for families. We understand the time-frames and permanency issues and how to incorporate Differential Response and Signs of Safety into our practice. We are available to work with all Denver metro child welfare agencies, including Jefferson, Denver, Adams, and Arapahoe counties.